Exciting times! We’re extremely happy to work with an awesome new client based in Stockholm, Sweden. We’re looking for a Back-end developer. It’s time to make a dream team happen.
Our client is a pioneer in using blockchain technology. They have been working in the blockchain space for over five years, and are currently in the process of building a next generation platform for decentralized applications (dapps). Looking at the failure of Ethereum and others to create real and sustainable dapps with high user volume and that deliver real value, they came to believe that a serious rethink of the blockchain architecture and programming model was needed. The result is a combination of relational blockchain, which combines the relational model with the immutable resilience of a blockchain, an infinitely scalable sidechain architecture, and a custom programming language for dapps. This platform will – with your help – enable a new generation of dapps to scale beyond what is currently possible.
Your role will be to support and foster our developer community, both internally and externally. You will do this by learning, discussing, and passing on your knowledge in the form of documents, tutorials, videos, code samples, anything that you can think of!
If the chance to work on a truly new software platform, with a high level of independence and the chance to influence the path of development is interesting to you, then this may be for you.
In our collaboration model, you will work and communicate directly with the development team on the client side.
- Learning the ins and outs of Rell, our new language.
- Building applications using Rell
- Contributing basic frontend and UI for those applications
- Writing and maintaining clear and engaging documentation so others can learn how to use Rell
What we’re looking for
- At least 3 years of experience in general application development
- Experience with SQL, ideally Postgresql
- Experience with distributed/decentralized/resilient systems
- An active person, who is engaged, curious, asks questions and gets involved
- Willing to learn new technologies
- Good communication skills
- Solid level of English (both spoken and written)
- Knowledge or previous experience in the blockchain field
- Knowledge of back-end development languages such as Kotlin or Java