Our customer offers a service that allows every individual on a global scale to assess and confirm his or her knowledge and skills in a reliable, transparent, and comprehensive manner. You will get a unique opportunity to be part of a global team that works with governments, awarding bodies, universities, municipalities, and schools to deliver secure, standardized tests.
The focal point of the company is educational technology, namely assessment, and learning enhancement. Their mission is to improve the approaches towards learning and valuation. Ultimately this goal attempts to open up more opportunities in life for everyone based on a more fair and adaptive process of learning. What sets them apart is being a small and agile company, while dealing with major enterprise customers. They combine user-friendly and innovative work together with delivering enterprise-level features that support existing workflows.
This project is based on the programming language Go, heavily utilizing desktop OS APIs (on both Windows and Mac OS). The stack consists of AWS services, Java, ElasticSearch, etc. on the backend.
Relevant experience and abilities
- An eye for clean, testable, maintainable, and performant code.
- Ideally, the candidate is experienced in working on large projects with many other developers
- Good basis with Windows, Windows API, and interested in MacOS development. Or vice versa.
- Passion, drive, energy, a sense of humor and a great attitude!
- Good level of English
Bonus if you have competence/experience in
- Experience with network apps development, service, Core and user interface.
- Experience with Agile development methodology & Test-Driven development is a plus.
- You love borsch!
- Do more extensive development in the browser that the customer provide for high-stakes exams.
- The focus will be on developing additional features in the Safe Exam Browser.
- The responsibilities will relate to handling local storage of student submissions, automatic upload of submissions delivered while offline, and UI to manage/monitor these processes.
- The tasks will include participating in defining the architecture and development tasks.