We are a global digital solutions company with Ukrainian roots. 10000+ talented individuals are currently working on 900+ projects with clients in the USA, Europe, and APAC region.
The project is focused on developing the conference room camera. That is really a high-potential direction on American and European markets now. The device will work on the latest Android OS. We will develop firmware for that particular hardware. So it would not have any issues with backward compatibility of legacy or outdated devices and features.
We are closely working with the customer and have communication on a daily basis. The customer is located in Silicon Valley, so you should expect status meetings in the evening.
We have a really good relationship with the customer and are willing to continue that. From SoftServe’s part, we already have 15 Software Engineers and expect you to be a part of the team.
Having at least 3-year experience in Android development and
- Excellent understanding of Java 8 and/or Kotlin
- Good concept of Android fundamental components (Service, BroadcastReceiver, Activities + lifecycle for all components, Android permissions system)
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals, including Algorithms, Computer Architecture, modern Operating Systems and Computer Security.
- Skill in Android Unit Testing (JUnit, Mockito)
- At least some understanding of Android system services, interprocess communication, AIDL, Binder
- Concurrency, synchronization, ability to write highly optimized thread-safe code
- Knowledge and practical use of common Software Design Patterns
- Any experience with Linux system, diagnostic tools, bash scripting
- Any background of Windows system, Windows BAT and/or Python
- Excellent debugging skills: ability to solve problems without classical debugger
- Proficiency in writing native code (C, C++) on Android and JNI bridge
- Bright communication skills and problem solving ability
- At least basic understanding of Android internals
- Android booting process, system services, Binder IPC
- Experience with Linux/Android diagnostic tools: kmesg, strace, dumpsys, e.t.c
YOU WANT TO WORK WITH
- Implementing new features for video collaboration products across the Android and Embedded Linux software stack
- Troubleshooting, root cause, and fixing software bugs either from the field or those reported by our internal engineering teams
- Being at the front end of incoming customer escalations, triaging issues and identifying root cause or assigning to an appropriate engineering team
- Creating tools and processes that would make it easier to diagnose incoming issues
TOGETHER WE WILL
- Grow technically
- Advance the product
- Build impactful team
- Add value to the business
- Share many other advantages, such as attractive salary, a package of benefits, flexible working time, and wide learning opportunities
DIRECTION: SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT
PERSONAL RECRUITER: ANASTASIIA SPODYNETS
LOCATION: DNIPRO, ZAPORIZHIA, ODESA, KHERSON, MYKOLAIV
TECHNICAL LEVEL: INTERMEDIATE